With a history spanning back to well before the Norman castle was built in 1066, Stansted Mountfitchet has remained relatively unchanged for 1,000 years.
In the last 20 years however it has seen itself at the centre of a huge house building boom.
2015 new Local Plan Context
After their draft Local Plan was rejected, Uttlesford District Council started a new Local Plan process in 2015. The start of the process included a ‘call for sites’. This asked all landowners and developers to come forward with land that they’d like to develop within the Local Plan period. In effect this means between now and 2033. There are a surplus of potential development sites across the district, so the council will consult and consider which ones it wishes to include as part of its Local Plan.
Development Sites Being Considered
Below are the possible new (2015) Local Plan sites in the village.
- Download maps, details and housing numbers for each site (source UDC, 2015)
- Download UDC’s assessment of the suitability of each site (SLLA, 22 Feb 2016)
The Stansted Mountfitchet Parish Council objected to key elements of the rejected 2014 Local Plan specifically Policy Areas 1 and 2 because of the loss of commercial land in the centre of the town.
- Councillors: Parish Ward | District Ward: North, South | County Division
- Read Stansted Cllr Alan Dean’s blog Planning pages
- Stop Taylor Wimpey at Bentfield Green Facebook page
- Read the Local Plan response from Stansted Mountfitchet Parish Council (2012)
Key Planning Applications for Stansted
- Planning Application: Stansted (140), Bentfield Green (UTT/13/1203)
- Planning Application: Stansted (53), Elms Farm (UTT/13/1959/OP)
- Planning Application: Stansted (160), Walpole Farm (UTT/13/1618)
See the Planning Applications section for all major planning applications.
- 12,500 new homes needed in Uttlesford says UDC 04-Oct-15
- 3,000 objection letters handed to UDC before draft Local Plan deadline 02-Jun-14
- Document: WeAreResidents.org response to June 2014 draft Local Plan Consultation 02-Jun-14
- UDC Planning Committee approve another 400 houses 23-Oct-13
- 2014 “Love Where You Live” Calendar Competition 08-Oct-13
- UDC Planning Committee approves 237 and refuses 800 homes 02-Oct-13
- District Council dumps 370 more homes on Uttlesford settlements 25-Sep-13
- Over 1,000 new homes to be decided by UDC Planning Committee on 2nd October 25-Sep-13
- Over 370 new homes to be decided by UDC Planning Committee on 25th September 19-Sep-13
- UDC Planning Committee opposes Stansted development against recommendation 05-Sep-13