Formed in 2011, WeAreResidents.org is Uttlesford based independent residents’ group. The group provides a strong, independent voice for the views of the residents of the local area and had its first Independent candidates elected in 2013. The election outcome was based on the group’s localism advocacy platform and the desire to create and implement long range strategic and sustainable
plans for their area.
Government of the people, by the people, for the people
We stand for:
- Taking national party politics out of local politics
- Locals have the right to decide for themselves; give us a voice
- Progressive ideas and deep community engagement
- Independent-minded, objectively led decision making
- Long range strategic planning backed up by excellent service delivery
- Protect what is good; fix what isn’t
- Making local government more transparent and accountable
A Residents’ Manifesto for 2015
It’s still a long way until the 2015 Uttlesford district elections, so we are still working on our manifesto, but rest assured it will be about residents deciding for themselves, not national parties. Listen to what Civic Voice Chair, Griff Rhys Jones has to say about localism. We agree with him.
Things we care about
Until we publish our manifesto, read recent news about the local things we care about: