Application for development of up to 85 dwellings (including 40% affordable housing) on farm land on the north eastern edge of Saffron Walden on Little Walden Road. It is outside of the town’s ‘permitted development boundary’.
The application was first submitted in 2016 as application UTT/16/2210/OP and it was refused by the UDC Planning Committee. There were a number of concerns, including sustainability, traffic and pollution. The developer, Gladman, appealed the decision and submitted a second application to run in parallel to the appeal process.
Developer’s Site Plan
- Location: Land East of the Little Walden Road, Saffron Walden, near CB10 2DN
- Developers/Promoters: Gladman
- Number new houses in current application: 85
- Size: 4.47 hectares
- UDC Local Plan/SHLAA site reference: 10Saf15
- UDC maximum site yield: 90 dwellings
- Estimated new residential cars: 136
- Estimated Pre-School places required: 8
- Estimated Primary school places required: 26
- Estimated Secondary school places required: 17
- Estimated 6th Form school places required: 4
- Estimated Section-106 provision for education: £647,000
- Estimated minimum developer contribution to sports/open-space: £392,000
- Estimated value of other ECC Section-106 obligations (non-Highway): £173,000
- 10-May-2017: UTT/17/0522/OP: Review by UDC Planning Committee.
- 30-Mar-2017: UTT/17/0522/OP: End of Public Consultation.
- 22-Feb-2017: UTT/17/0522/OP: Outline Planning Application submitted in parallel to appeal of previous application.
- 23-Dec-2016: UTT/16/2210/OP: Planning REFUSED.
- 15-Sep-2016: UTT/16/2210/OP: End of Public Consultation.
- 03-Aug-2016: UTT/16/2210/OP: Outline Planning Application submitted.