**This application has been withdrawn **
Persimmon Homes’ development of 36 one, two and three bedroom houses and apartments on land to the east of Catons Lane and west of Lime Avenue in Saffron Walden.
The site is adjacent to the recently built 15-house Lime Avenue development, also by Persimmon. In Saffron Walden Persimmon have built the Tudor Park development opposite Ridgeons on Ashdon Rd.
Note: UDC has failed to implement the right policies to be able to collect money from developers to properly fund education. Because of this for Catons Lane, the developer will pocket an additional £125,000 which should be funding school expansions.
Location in Saffron Walden
Developer’s Site Plan
- Location: Catons Lane/Lime Avenue, Saffron Walden, CB10 2GE
- Developer website: Persimmon Homes
- Number new houses in application: 36
- Size: 0.76 hectares
- UDC Local Plan/SHLAA site reference: SAF12
- Size of development (dwellings): 36
- Estimated new residential cars: 58
- Estimated Pre-School places required: 4
- Estimated Primary School places required: 11
- Estimated Secondary School places required: 8
- Estimated Post 16/6th Form school places required: 2
- Estimated Section-106 provision for education: £275k – less £125k for Secondary and Early Years education which ECC is unable to collect due to UDC policies
- Estimated minimum developer contribution to sports/open-space: £166k
- Estimated value of other ECC Section-106 obligations(non-Highway): £73k
- Application withdrawn
- 30-Jul-2015: UTT/15/2008/FUL: End of Public Consultation
- 25-Jun-2015: UTT/15/2008/FUL: Full planning application received