Use the 1-click button below to oppose the 700 house development by Land Securities at Easton Park, (UTT/14/2285/OP) before Public Consultation closes on Tuesday, 23rd September 2014. The easiest way is to use the green button below to email in a standard response, but even better is if you have time to write your own. We also provide guidance for this below.
Reasons to oppose this planning application
Here are some of the reasons you may wish to use to oppose the planning application (provided with help from Little Easton Parish Council):
- Road congestion – The Dunmow Bypass and the roundabout to the A120 (already busy with heavy gravel lorries) will have cars and lorries from 700 more houses and commercial businesses;
- Loss of countryside between the Great Dunmow and Little Easton;
- Dunmow is on the opposite side of the bypass road so everyone from the new houses would need to drive to access banks, doctors, dentists, secondary school and shops;
- It would harm the character and setting of the beautiful village of Little Easton;
- It would take away valuable wildlife habitat, productive farmland and pollute ancient woodland;
- UDC has met its required 5-year new housing land supply target for the foreseeable future and so this housing application is not required;
- The site is not one of UDC’s preferred sites for new housing in their draft Local Plan and so UDC’s policies don’t consider development on this site sustainable or desirable for at least 15 years;
- Download sample standard opposing letter (Microsoft Word, provided by Little Easton Parish Council)
Ways to oppose the planning application
The easiest and simplest way to oppose the planning application is to click the button below to send a standard objection email to UDC. Remember to fill in your name and address before you click send:
Note: the button/link above may not work if you use webmail or Windows 8. If this is the case then please use the content in this text file inserting your own name and address.
Other ways to object are:
- Send your own email/letter (best): Alternatively you can write your own response. You can start from scratch, use the bullets above, or download the Word version of the letter and modify it . You should email your response to firstname.lastname@example.org or post/deliver to UDC Planning, Uttlesford District Council, London Road, Saffron Walden, Essex CB11 4ER.
- Post a comment directly on the UDC website, on the UTT/14/2285/OP planning application page (registration required to comment).