Residents have until Monday, 2nd June 2014 to respond to the Public Consultation for the draft Uttlesford Local Plan. You can use our “one-click” link below that to send a standard objection letter (jump to one-click submission), or you can create your own (see below).
About this consultation
This round of public consultation is not specifically about sites. It is designed to gain feedback as to if the public consider the draft Local Plan and the process by which it has been produced to be “sound”. WeAreResidents.org believes that the draft Local Plan is inherently unsound, for the reasons outlined in our standard letter.
After this consultation, the draft Local Plan will be sent to the Planning Inspectorate for review and approval. Feedback from previous consultations will not be included in the information sent to the Inspector, but all comments from this one will; so it is important that you submit your comments. You can read this version of the draft Local Plan on our draft Local Plan download page – it is Update 3.
About your response to UDC
You can either use our standard response below or create your own. If you create your own response, you should:
- Use this form for your response. It is based on UDC’s form but simplified to make easier to understand and fill out.
- If you don’t use the form above, we suggest you add the following paragraph to your response: For the purposes of the UDC Pre-Submission Consultation Form, these comments relate to the Draft Plan in its entirety, including the Spatial Strategy and the detailed Strategic and Development Policies, and should be treated as responding to parts 3, 5 and 6 of that Form. For the purposes of part 4 of that Form, I do not consider that the Draft Plan is legally compliant or sound or that it complies with the duty to co-operate.
- If you created your own response to a previous Local Plan consultation, you may want to also attach it to make sure it gets to the Planning Inspector.
- If you wish to speak at the Inspector’s examination hearing (likely to be in October 2014), you need to specify on your response that you would like to do so.
WeAreResidents.org are preparing our own in-depth response, but the amount of time required to produce this detailed response means that we’re unlikely to be able to publish it much before the consultation closes.
How to send in your objection
There are several ways to respond, but to make it easier we have prepared a standard letter that you can send in to UDC:
- Simplest & quickest – email a standard objection letter: Send UDC a pre-filled email response. All you need to do is click the button below, fill your name and address at the top of the email then click Send.Note: the button/link above may not work if you use webmail or Windows 8. If this is the case then please use the content in this text file inserting your own name and address.
- or, Send your own email/letter: Alternatively you can download the Word version of the letter and modify and email/send it in yourself. If you are creating your own from scratch, you should start with our modified UDC submission form. You should email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or post/deliver to UDC Planning Policy, Uttlesford District Council, London Road, Saffron Walden, Essex CB11 4ER.
- or, Post a comment directly on the UDC website, on the Draft Local Plan consultation page (registration required to comment).