Change of granted permission from care home to housing and construction of 35 new houses, of which 14 (40%) are affordable.
- 2012: A Scoping Application was submitted for a single development of 300 houses (UTT/12/5582/SCO) on 14.5 hectares
- 2013: The site was split into 2 smaller parcels and outline submitted and approved for both: UTT/13/1769/OP, Bury Water Lane, up to 84 houses on 6.1 hectares; and UTT/13/1817/OP, Whiteditch Lane, a for 2.1 hectare elderly care home with 100 apartments for seniors, and 60 bed extra-care facility.
- 2014: An Outline Planning Application was submitted (UTT/14/0939/OP) with the intent to switch the recently approved care home development to housing instead. This was later withdrawn. The Care Home permission is extant.
Whiteditch Lane Application (UTT/14/0939/OP)
- Location: Whiteditch Lane, Newport, CB11 3UA
- Developers/Promoters: Pelham Structures
- Number new houses in current application: 35
- Size: 1.85 hectares
- UDC Local Plan/SHLAA site reference: NEW5
- UDC maximum site yield: 80 houses
- Estimated new residential cars: 56
- Estimated Primary school places required: 12
- Estimated Secondary school places required: 8
- Estimated 6th Form school places required: 2
- Estimated Section-106 provision for education: £290,000
- Estimated minimum developer contribution to sports/open-space: £160,000
- Estimated value of other ECC Section-106 obligations (non-Highway): £71,000
- 01-Jul-2014: UTT/14/0939/OP (housing): WITHDRAWN; Care Home application still stands.
- 01-May-2014: UTT/14/0939/OP (housing): End of Public Consultation
- 31-Mar-2014: UTT/14/0939/OP (housing): Outline Planning Application submitted
- 02-Oct-2013: UTT/13/1817/OP (care home): Outline Planning APPROVED
- 08-Aug-2013: UTT/13/1817/OP (care home): End of Public Consultation
- 09-Jul-2013: UTT/13/1817/OP (care home): Outline Planning Application submitted
- 22-Oct-2012: UTT/12/5582/SCO: Screening application