Snappy with a camera? Always have your phone to hand? WeAreResidents.org are celebrating how fantastic it is to be part of our town by launching our 2014 calendar.
But we need YOU!
We’d like you to submit your favourite images of the best places in and around Saffron Walden and help us to build a calendar worthy of any kitchen wall or desk. See some of the pictures we’ve already been sent.
Entering is Easy…
Just flick through you favourite snaps or go for a walk with your camera, and send us a maximum of 2 shots by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 1st. (That gives you half term to get the kids involved and see how they view the town too!)
How do we decide?
After the deadline, the WeAreResidents.org committee will look at all the pictures and make the tricky decision on the 12 shots that will make the final calendar. After that’s done, we’ll get it all printed up smartly and you’ll be able to stock up on Christmas pressies for the relatives!
Terms & conditions for photographers
- The title of the WeAreResidents.org Photographic Competition 2013 is “Love Where You Live”. The theme is open to individual interpretation but entries must have the Saffron Walden or the surrounding area at their heart. You might choose to submit photographs of events that have taken place within the town, specific buildings/landmarks, familiar scenes or rural shots from footpaths on the outskirts. Photographs of people (close up) will be accepted, but only with the subject’s permission. We assume that if they submitted, permission has been sought by the person sending us the image.
WeAreResidents.org’s decision as to the eligibility of individual photographs will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Photographs entered must be taken in the Saffron Walden or a 3 mile radius of the outskirts of the town.
- Entrants can submit up to two photos in total as prints, in colour or black and white, as a JPEG by email to email@example.com.
- We are aware that digital photography does allow for some image enhancement. You can enter images that have had spots, scratches or other blemishes removed. You can have worked on the colour or enhance the image for the sake of the composition. You can also crop the image to improve composition.
We will not accept composite images – entries that stitch two or more separate photographs together to make one image, or entries that superimpose elements photographed separately onto an image.
We want you to stay faithful to the spirit of the competition, and never deceive the viewer or misrepresent the aspect of Saffron Walden being portrayed. WeAreResidents.org reserve the right to exclude any image they believe may have been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity.
- Once entered into the competition, WeAreResidents.org have the right to use your image on their website and social media sites to promote the campaign and the calendar. Full credit will be given.
- The competition is open to all of you who love Saffron Walden. Entrants under the age of 12 years need to have parent or guardian consent to enter.