As the campaign to elect John Lodge, Independent for Residents moves into last week election overdrive, we’ve turned up the social media elements to augment our website, email and physical canvassing.
WeAreResidents.org isn’t a national political party with all the associated baggage, and so we started from scratch when we worked out how we’d like to communicate and, most importantly, get feedback from people who are interested in the issues we’re interested in.
If you use Facebook or Twitter, this week you may have noticed:
- A bigger volume of activity from us on social media
- New features requesting people to send in pictures of their John Lodge posters and mailing their postal ballots
- New exclusive stories and content specifically for Facebook and Twitter
- Facebook events created for May 2nd Election Day and our Market Square 3D Map this Saturday
- Facebook advertising with over 100,000 ads served to Saffron Walden division residents already